Musical Fidelity’s first home theatre multi-channel amp delivers serious power to each channel – not just on paper.
Musical Fidelity M6x 250.7 General Description
Since surround sound was introduced into homes in the early eighties, the video experience has never been the same. Sound has become an integral part of the movie experience in homes. To come close to what the director had intended you to hear and feel, an amp has to deliver power to all channels – not just numbers on a chart but real headroom and dynamics. Musical Fidelity has launched the M6x series of multi-channel amps to provide that: actual performance to all seven channels in a single tidy chassis. The Musical Fidelity M6x 250.7 includes vital features which set musical fidelity amps apart from the rest.
Cooling fans? Not on our watch
The clever application of heat sinks within the case allows the M6x 250.7 to do without fans. No fan noise will disturb your cinematic home experience.
Connectivity and versatility
The M6x 250.7 offers an XLR input for maximum dynamics and a lower noise floor. The gold-plated RCA connector provides the widest compatibility for surround processors and preamps. The gold-plated 3-way binding posts accept 4mm banana plugs, spade connectors, or bare wire.
Grace and Power
We designed each of the seven amp modules to sound highly natural by retaining all transients and micro information. The super silent audiophile power transformers in this multichannel class A/B monster create clean power for an abnormally high dynamic range at high volumes to unleash the entire emotional spectrum of your favorite movies. And if not even that is enough for you, each channel offers an RCA output, which enables you to add power amps to each channel for bi-amping.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 450 x 195 x 435mm
- Main voltages: 230V/115V Internally set or 100V optional AC 50/60Hz
- Max. Consumption: 2500W, <0.5W in standby
- Weight: 32,5kg (ca. 35kg incl. shipping carton)
- Input Sensitivity: 700mV at RCA input, 1,4V at XLR input Output
- Power: 7x 250W/4 ohms (Peak: 400W)
- THD+N: 0,003% at 100W power output
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz for 0,5dB
- SNR: 105dB at 1kHz at 200W power output
- 7x line level RCA input
- 7x line level balanced XLR input
- 1x Trigger input & output
- 7x line level RCA through output
- 7x pair speaker terminals