The new McIntosh MI1250 delivers Pristine Music Playback to Multiple Rooms for Whole House Audio.
McIntosh is proud to introduce the MI1250 12-Channel Power Amplifier. The versatile McIntosh MI1250 12-Channel Amplifier can distribute pristine music playback in multiple rooms in a home. Power output is 50 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 90 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers. It achieves this via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers as well as extremely robust power supplies. As a result, it produces performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
The MI1250 has installer-friendly physical dimensions. Thanks to the included, removable mounting ears it is 2U rack mountable. As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel, while the back panel offers unbalanced inputs plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals for each channel. Also located on the back are volume controls for volume balancing. Two digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed as well as channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution complete the package.
Other features included on the MI1250 are:
- Power Guard signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers.
- Sentry Monitor short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- BUS input and outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers.
- Individual channel inputs.
- 12 Volt triggering capabilities to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off.
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if there is no input signal for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI1250 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, along with a familiar form factor highlighted with silver trim. Contact a local McIntosh dealer to learn more about integrating the MI1250 into a custom whole house audio installation.
Pricing and Availability
The MI1250 is now available for order at authorized McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin in late October or early November 2021 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter.
Suggested retail price (excluding VAT, shipping and any customs duties): 4,000 USD.