Mytek Audio proudly introduces the Liberty DAC II; the new portal for all things digital from Mytek Audio.
Capable of exceptional quality playback and monitoring of all high resolution digital formats in both PCM and DSD, the Liberty DAC II also includes a built in certified hardware MQA decoder. Also built-in comes a reference grade headphone amplifier capable of driving complex headphone loads.
The heart of the Liberty DAC II features the ESS SABRE ES9038, 32-Bit HyperStream DAC. Mytec selected it for both its unprecedented level of performance and musical decoding accuracy. Surrounding this exceptional DAC circuit is: (i) an overbuilt 60 watt linear power supply with toroidal transformer and 48,000uF of filtering capacitance; (ii) a fully balanced analog output stage for increased dynamic range as well as headroom, higher resolution, and significantly improved signal-to-noise ratio. All three of these circuits together in one box are virtually unheard of for a DAC at this price point.
A compact digital component never felt and sounded so realistic until now … thanks to the Mytek Audio Liberty DAC II!
Mytec Liberty DAC II – Excellent connectivity
Other noteworthy features present in the Liberty DAC II include: the facility for firmware upgrades via USB connectivity; 5 digital inputs including an USB2 Class 2 module that doesn’t require the installation of additional software drivers; Both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA analog outputs; A clock generator yielding less than 2ps of jitter for ultra-low distortion; finally, a 1/3 chassis width and small footprint that allows for easy portability.
Earlier this month the Mytek Audio Liberty DAC II made its first appearance during the Capital Audio Fest, along with the previously announced Liberty THX AAA HPA (Headphone Amp) and flagship EMPIRE DAC/Streamer/Preamplifier. All three models were actively displayed and very enthusiastically received by show attendees, the audio press, as well as members of the industry at this hugely successful event.
Liberty DAC II Significant Design Features
- 5 Digital inputs: AES/EBU x1, S/PDIF x2, Toslink/ADAT x1 – PCM up to 192KHz and up to DSD64 DoP; USB2 Class 2 x1 (OSX, Win 11, Linux driverless, all audio formats) – PCM up to 32-bit/768kHz, up to DSD256 native, MQA, DXD.
- Analog outputs: 1 pair of balanced XLR as well as 1 pair of unbalanced RCA.
- Front panel LED indicators: active digital input; current bit-depth; MQA active; current sampling rate or DSD rate; volume level.
- Signal-to-noise ratio >128dB
- Hardware based 32-bit (w/192dB DR) dynamic volume control featuring 256 steps in 0.5dB increments that can also be controlled by (i) an included IR remote control, (ii) a connected computer via USB HID or (iii) a ROON core.
- Additional USB HID IR remote features include playback, pause and skip functions on Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, Youtube, etc. players.
- Headphone amplifier: High current maximum output of 300mA/3.0 watts with the ability to effortlessly power any headphone, including those that are hard to drive.
- Overbuilt power supply includes automatic worldwide AC input voltage switching.
- Chassis: Black aluminum front panel finish.
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 5.5” x 8.8” x 1.74” / 140mm x 225mm x 44mm.
- Weight: 4.4lbs / 2.0Kg.
- Global Warranty: 2 years.
Availability and Price
The Mytek Audio Liberty DAC II is now shipping with an MSRP of $1,295.00 U.S. or € 1,295.00 (VAT incl) E.U.