GoldenEar’s award-winning ForceField Series subwoofers are engineered from the ground up to deliver subtle musical detail, well-extended bass, high-impact slam, and the solid foundation for an expansive soundstage — all from attractive, compact enclosures that easily fit into any environment.
The design brief was simple: achieve uncompromising, state-of-the-art subwoofer performance from the smallest-possible enclosures. Compared to previous models, the new GoldenEar ForceField 30 and 40 boast several significant sonic and cosmetic refinements.
Compact, Elegant Cabinet
Designed for Performance and Beauty.
- GoldenEar BRX model-inspired curved top panel to better minimize cabinet resonances
- Increased wall thickness prevents absorbing and smearing important bass transient information and impact
- Perforated-metal grille affords improved sonic transparency and airflow
- Gorgeous and subtle Satin-Black finish
Robust, Efficient Amplifier
Upgraded Electronics Platform Based on the Award-Winning SuperSub X/XXL.
- GoldenEar SuperSub-inspired electronics with Analog Devices DSP affords flatter, more extended frequency response for cleaner, deeper bass with lower distortion
- MOSFET output stage and improved implementation result in greater power-transfer efficiency
- Necessary subwoofer Level and Low-Pass filter controls allow easy optimization for home theaters, hi-fi setups, and living environments
Optimized Driver Configuration
Superb Detail, Soul-Stirring Bass.
Ultra-Long-Throw Sub-Bass Driver
- Superior transient performance for natural detail
- Computer-optimized ultra-stiff fiber cone
- Massive high-gauss magnet assembly
Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Downward-firing pressure-coupled loading extends usable bass performance to the infrasonic region
- Approximates the near-perfect impedance of a well-tuned transmission line, but with superior transient performance and control
- Affords outstanding flexibility for room placement
The overall result is agile, musical, room-filling bass equally suited to thrilling soundtracks, stirring orchestral pieces, propulsive pop music, and everything in between. With the new ForceField 30 and ForceField 40, GoldenEar has achieved its mandates for any subwoofer:
- To be subtle and invisible, allowing a string bass or a fighter jet’s roar to seem to come out of nowhere.
- To do its job when the pluck of a bass guitar or a giant’s footsteps are supposed to rumble your soul.
ForceField 30: $899 US
Dimensions: 11.4″ (28.9cm) W x 16″ (40.6cm) D x 12.7″ (32.2cm) H (w/feet)
Weight: 31.5lbs (14.3kg)
Frequency Response: 18Hz-250Hz
Driver Complement: One 8″ long-throw high-output bass driver; One 9″ x 11″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiator
Amplifier: 1000-Watt ForceField digital amplifier
ForceField 40: $1,199 US
Dimensions: 13.3″ (33.7cm) W x 18.3″ (46.5 cm) D x 14.7″ (37.3cm) H (w/feet)
Weight: 40.5lbs (18.4kg)
Frequency Response: 14Hz-250Hz
Driver Complement: One 10″ long-throw high-output bass driver; One 11″ x 13″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiator
Amplifier: 1200-Watt ForceField digital amplifier
LFE Line-Level Input: Unfiltered (no low pass), direct-coupled
Right/Left Line-Level Input: Variable Low-Pass from 40Hz-150Hz
Low-Voltage Model: 100-120V at 50 or 60Hz / 1400 Watts
High-Voltage Model: 220-240V at 50 or 60Hz / 1400 Watts
Visit GoldenEar.com to learn more.