The CH Precision C1.2 is a new DAC/Controller with the same pretty face and an all-new heart!
Following the introduction of the D1.5 CD/SACD player/transport, CH Precision is proud to announce the release of the partnering DAC, the new C1.2. Even though the D1.5 has already proved very impressive, the C1.2 represents an even bigger advance in musical performance.
CH Precision C1.2 features
- Four-fold increase in processing power.
- Revised and refined proprietary PEtER algorithm also introduces fixed-point processing.
- New sophisticated power-management software reduces system noise levels.
- All-new MEMS-based, thermally compensated and shunt regulated master clock.
- Discrete, local regulation of DSP and FGPA chips.
- Fully MQA compliant for disc as well as file replay.
- Improved, by-passable hybrid digital/analog volume control.
Retaining the elegant form factor and unprecedented functionality, versatility and configurability of its predecessor the C1, the C1.2 nevertheless represents a root-and-branch update/re-engineering of the digital signal path, lifting musical performance to entirely new levels. The massive increase in processing power has allowed us to significantly evolve the PEtER spline filter algorithm, introducing fixed point processing. An all-new MEMS-based master clock has increased clock accuracy and reduced timing error, while massively increased local regulation along with sophisticated power-management has significantly reduced the digital noise floor. Input compatibility has been fully updated and now includes full MQA compliance for both disc and file replay.
That step up in musical performance and capability is accompanied by the same user configurable input topology (so that owners can buy only the inputs they need), the same expandable system capability (allowing owners to add external power supplies, a T1 Time reference master clock or even upgrade the C1.2 to true three-box, dual-monaural DAC form) and even the capacity to accept/switch analog inputs, making the C1.2 a true System Controller.
No DAC left behind!
Best of all – and true to our upgradable/expandable design ethos – existing C1s can be fully upgraded to the C1.2 standard for the difference in price between the new and the older model, ensuring that the investment made by our end-users is both protected and updated, maintaining current, cutting edge digital performance without cost penalty.
Availability and pricing
The CH Precision C1.2 will be available from 1st September 2022, the recommended retail prices are as follows:
- C1.2 (inc. 1x HD Digital Input Card) €32,850 or $36,000
- C1.2 Mono (inc. 1x HD Digital Input Card) €70,350 or $77,000
- C1/C1 Mono upgrade to C1.2 €4,000 or $4,000
Additional Input/Output Options:
- Ethernet Input HD Card €5,800 or $6,000
- USB Input Card €2,750 or $3,000
- Analog Input Card (1pr RCA, 1pr XLR) €2,350 or $2,500
- SYNC-IO card €1,350 or $1,500
The C1 to C1.2 upgrade is a distributor or factory installed kit.
Attending the High End Show in Munich – May 19th – 22nd 2022?
You can hear our new digital products – the C1.2 DAC/Controller, the D1.5 CD/SACD Player/Transport as well as the remarkable 10 Series amplifiers in Atrium 4.1 room F118.